Dilusion

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dilusion
Dilusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enter the forum-roleplay world of Dilusion, a vast world of strange lands and stranger people. Multileveled arcs combine with large-scale mysteries to give an interesting experience to everyone.

You are not connected. Please login or register

7524: Machine Town.

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

517524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:14 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Chris nodded, and waved.

"So I'm going to try and find a narcoleptic accountant in a city of thieves. This should be interesting."

Retrieving his firearm, he stepped through the door.

[Exit 7524, Enter Klaar.]

https://dilusion.forumotion.com

527524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Funglad123

Funglad123

Kal woke up and quickly dressed. Taking her staff she left and knocked on Rory's door.

"Rory! How about I show you around here. There is a city near here we can visit. We have the time and while the people there are less than shady it's still people. All these machines give me the creeps."

537524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:50 pm

RevinSOR

RevinSOR

Rory had woke up to the sounds of Kal knocking on his door."Alright sounds like fun." He got dressed and opened the door. He had that same soft smile on his face as he looked at Kal."Well shall we then?"

547524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:00 pm

energysack

energysack

Gex was deep in the basement in his lab, typing away at a rapid speed where his small hands seem to hit every key precisely and his hands were almost a blur. His eyes were so transfixed on the large screen before him. His lab was enormous, that looked similar to a warehouse. He typed away, and several shapes and lines and numbers seemed to appear all over the screen, spiraling and in every direction. One could not correlate his hand movements to the graphics on the screen because oddly enough, all the keys he were hitting were blank. Though maybe not? They were tiny little screens that were keys and they each flashed many different symbols and shapes.

"Fucking nano-machines dude. First I got to make this god damn software and then I got to make the fucking buggers, then pack them into a compatible shell that'll fit into a .45. Yeah, it's exciting and holy shit nano-bots are sweet. But damn...Guess I'll have to get to it. Yo computer what's the best calculation for virus to produce nano-bots?"

The computer's graphic swirled more rapidly now and Gex folded his arms, looking at it like it wasn't stressful to look at at all. Though if a normal person looked at this screen, they might have a seizure.

"Alright, cool, yeah, hmmm. Ok!"

He turned to look at some robots peering into the isle of shelves.

"Hey, you guys interested huh? Well then organize the lab. I need to make sure when the virus begins to upload and be created, I need this place to be clean so there's NO CHANCE OF STATIC SO GO!"

All the robots jumped and began to scurry around the lab to clean and organize everything and Gex grinned and began typing once more.

557524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:24 pm

Funglad123

Funglad123

Smiling back at Rory Kal said "Let's go. But stay on your toes. It's a shadey place." Turning Kal walked down the stairs and out the door. Hoping Rory was following her she left the machine city for the next.

{Exit 7524, Enter Klaar]

567524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:05 pm

RevinSOR

RevinSOR

Rory had followed Kal out of the shop and out of the shop, then followed her out of town."Alright, whatever you say."

-Exit 7524- -Enter Klarr-

577524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:43 am

Funglad123

Funglad123

Kal walked back into Gex's shop hoping Rory had followed her well enough back. "Hello?" She said as she walked to the center of the shop.

587524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:14 pm

RevinSOR

RevinSOR

Rory had followed Kal back to Gex's shop. After they walked in Rory decided to take the time to actually look around last time it was more or less trying not to look conspicuous.

597524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:10 pm

RevinSOR

RevinSOR

Looking around the store Rory had a stroke of genius. HEY! I wonder if I can finish my one invention I was working on. Never even got a working prototype. Guess I'll start asking Gex some questions when he comes out.

607524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:19 am

energysack

energysack

Gex was downstairs, working hard on the nanobots and something for Kal. He didn't really know what he could build her but, he then figured something out. Though the nano-bots were worth more and so he really tried to work hard on that. Also, because the person who requested them was a bounty hunter and Gex was alright with staying out of trouble.

"Damn, I need a break. I guess I'll see what's going on upstairs. I haven't seen sunlight in a few days."

He yawned and walked over to his elevator and pressed a button to make it go up as it did so, clicking and crunching sounds emitted from the elevator as it ascended and it then slid open and he saw Rory standing there.

"Oh, hi. Come back I see."

He climbed up on top of the counter and swung his feet a little bit and yawned greatly, and loudly.

617524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:22 am

RevinSOR

RevinSOR

Rory turned to look at Gex and he smiled."Yup, listen I got a couple of questions for you. First off what's the strongest non metal material you can think of? Second. If I gave you the plans for something think you can build me it? You could keep the plans for yerself and keep all the money you make on them. I just want the first one, made from the best. That sound like a fair trade to you?"

627524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:32 am

energysack

energysack

Gex raised his eyebrows at the first question, and it was obvious why he was surprised.

"Non metal? What kinda nonsense is that? Light weight metals are fine, and usually I make my own types of metal. I alter my metals for my robots and machines to survive any type of condition."

The non-metal factor really baffled Gex. First he had to build something to find someone, who wasn't a robot. Then he needed to build nano-bots to go into bullets for a bounty hunter. Now someone is asking him about building something from non-metals. This was all, extremely weird.

"Hmm...I could definitely build you something. You're right, I am the best! What you got in mind eh?"

Though this was stressful for Gex, so many tough projects in such a short amount of time, he absolutely LOVED to build different machines.

637524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:50 am

RevinSOR

RevinSOR

Rory smiled a bit."Alright well I want you to build me a device I came up with called a grappling glove. It can fire two types of projectiles. One: metal arrowheads capable of punching through extremely hard stone. Two: it can fire a magnetic clamp to latch onto obviously metals. Now the launching mechanism and retracting mechanism for the cable have to be very specific. And the reason I asked about non-metals is I can almost guarantee you I can give you a formula for a diamond-weave carbon fiber nano-tube filament stronger then damn near any metal out there. I want the launching mechanism to be very specific in that the glove itself has certain pressure points that need to be pressed in order for it to fire. Obviously I want a safety built in so it doesn't fire if too much pressure is applied and certain angles aren't in place obviously it will require some kind of micro sensor. Possibly even a miniature CPU. Now as for retracting the cable I want it in a retractable spiderweb like system. So when it's fired it can't snag as it's pulling the cable and when you retract it, it springs back neatly into place. I need it to be able to at least handle one thousand psi. Think you can handle it? Also I want it to be able to fire even if the cable isn't attached. So basically it can also be used as a dart gun." Rory figured Gex couldn't resist a toy like, and he was even willing to tell him how to make an experimental material from his world. Not like he cared. Besides, the longer he spent here the longer he didn't want to leave.

647524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:09 am

Funglad123

Funglad123

Kal listened to rory speak the Gex and the more he said the more she looked at him like he was speaking a different language. I wonder how much this is going to cost....it sounds expensive...hell, it sounds alien.

657524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:14 am

RevinSOR

RevinSOR

Rory realized he just kinda started ignoring Kal and had nervous look on his face. He turned to look at Kal with a smile."Sorry about that, I sometimes just do things with out thinking." He chuckled nervously and hoped she understood."You'll get used to my eccentric behavior. Or just hit me... Like everyone else does." Rory sighed disparagingly and lowered his head. He just made himself depressed.

667524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:42 pm

energysack

energysack

Gex had no means of writing this all down, for his mental capacity was a lot stronger then most and whenever someone would give him information about a project, he'd just instantly remember. After Rory's explanation of the device he whistled.

"Damn, you must really know your mechanics. It's good to have another one around."

He thought the mechanics over once more and nodded to himself, tapping his chin lightly.

"So, how thick and long does the cable have to be? Also with all those mechanics, it's going to be a pretty heavy glove but I guess that's why you wouldn't want any non-metals...Anyway though, yeah, this seems easier then another project I'm working on. I'll get on it once I can"

He then turned over to Kal grinning.

"I'll have your device done tomorrow. I was trying to figure out something that you could actually use to find someone, but I might have something that might make you remember details about said person, so I hope that will help."

677524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:51 pm

RevinSOR

RevinSOR

Rory just laughed. "The weight won't be a problem, and it will most likely need to cover up to the shoulder. I need the cable to be at least one hundred feet long and preferably as thin as you can possibly make it. I'm talking thinner then a pencil. But still be strong."

687524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Funglad123

Funglad123

Kal frowned and closind her eyes sighing. She smacked Rory in the back of the head and said, "Don't get all depressed on me or I will hit you. You are free to do what you want, you don't need my permission. I just didn't understand a single thing you said." She opened her eyes slightly and pouted slightly at him before walking past him and talking to Gex. "Thank you, whatever you have will be fine."

697524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:58 pm

RevinSOR

RevinSOR

Rory just sighed then laughed."Alright fair enough. I just get carried away when it comes to certain things." He smiled at Kal and held her hand." Well considering we still have some time to kill. Is there anything fun to do around here?"

707524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:39 pm

Funglad123

Funglad123

Taking his hand Kal bit her lip and thought for a moment. "Not really. All there is to do is machine work. Maybe if you ask Gex will let you work with him on that project of yours. Might even cut the cost of it back. And you wouldn't have to worry about me. I would practice my magic and work on trying to discover more of my staff. It's like it has a mind of it's own." Kal looked at her staff lovingly and chuckled a bit.

717524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:50 pm

RevinSOR

RevinSOR

Rory just smiled and laughed a bit."If yer sure you wouldn't mind then I'll ask him." His eyes just drifted to her eyes and had some what of a soft glow to them. He looked back over to Gex."So would ya like some assistance? Hell I might even be able to help you make what Kal needs." Rory squeezed her hand gently in his and just smiled as he looked back to her."I actually have an idea of how to make what you want anyway hun. If I'm getting what you mean that is."

727524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:10 pm

Funglad123

Funglad123

Raising her eyebrow Kal looked at him curiously. "Really? Well then, let's hope our host says yes."Kal smiled and squeezed his hand slightly in response.

737524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:28 pm

energysack

energysack

"Assistance? Eh..."

Gex never had an assistant before, and he wasn't sure if he needed one. Though he did like to show off his machines and he had a million other projects on the way, constantly so he thought it over.

"Yeah, I guess that won't be too bad. I warn you though, there's a lot of dangerous things down there and also security defenses that might shoot at you because I haven't really fixed them. I never have people down there so I guess sometimes it just blows up mice..."

Gex shrugged and laughed nervously and sighed. Muttering to himself.

"Right then, shall we get to it?"

747524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:36 am

Funglad123

Funglad123

eyes wide Kal looked at Rory and put a hand on his sholder. "careful down there."

757524: Machine Town. - Page 3 Empty Re: 7524: Machine Town. Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:10 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

A steam cart sped into town, carrying Gunlock and Lucius towards it. Gunlock smiled contentedly.

"Seems like we're almost here, Lucius."

https://dilusion.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum