Dilusion

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dilusion
Dilusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enter the forum-roleplay world of Dilusion, a vast world of strange lands and stranger people. Multileveled arcs combine with large-scale mysteries to give an interesting experience to everyone.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Highlands: Deepwood Forest.

+3
energysack
Funglad123
Admin
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

151The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:53 pm

Funglad123

Funglad123

Blake entered the forest (hopefully with his new companion, Chris behind him) in a different direction then when he originally came out. This way he could make it to where he needed to be without the risk of running into his old friends. He might be different in thinking now but he wasn't ready to face them yet. Not untill he had everything figured out. After a few moments of walking Blake stopped and smacked his forhead.
"Damn, I left my pack back there. Ah well, I have everything I need. Some money in my pocket, a few blades, and my dagger." Picking at his shirt he said, "I'm gunna need a new shirt...walking around in a blood stained shirt with a whole in it is not good."

I should stop using the male pronoun in my head....thought Blake. But can I really just switch to the female? blake sighed. I don't think I will yet. Better to keep things simple for now.

152The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Luthier stopped, watching a massive plume of fire emerge from beyond the treeline.

"Ah- Nothing anymore, apparently..."

He grabbed her hand. "We gotta go. Come on, Ichiru!"

https://dilusion.forumotion.com

153The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:48 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Chris walked behind Blake. "Unfortunately, there isn't really anywhere where we can find you a shirt, and your pack was probably destroyed by napalm or concrete."

He shook his head.

"Maybe there's somewhere in here...?"

154The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:51 pm

CaraLangtorn

Kariti, in a near panic, held onto Luthier's hand tighty, letting him guide her as they ran. She would never admit it, but she liked holding Luthier's hand. She even kind of liked him.

At least, when he wasn't being annoying.

155The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:01 pm

Funglad123

Funglad123

"It's fine. When we get to a city however, I'll want to buy a new one." Blake chuckled to himself.
Who would have thought that when I went to ask Mr. V about weird dreams, I would end up here. Wait...dreams...oh!
Blake reached into his pocket and pulled out a crumpled piece of paper. "Still here." Blake smiled and handed it to Chris. "You wouldn't happen to know any of these symbols, would you?"

156The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:05 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Chris looked at the paper for a moment, then shook his head.

"Sorry, it's not any of the languages I learned... Why?"

157The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:16 am

Funglad123

Funglad123

Taking back the paper Blake sighed and put it back in his pocket.
"I keep seeing them in my dreams. It's also pretty much the reason I'm here right now." Said Blake as he luaghed to himself.

158The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:29 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Chris gave Blake a strange look.

"That's rather odd, but I wouldn't worry about it... We have bigger things to do."

159The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:42 am

Funglad123

Funglad123

"Yeah I know. Just curious." Said Blake, shrugging it off.

160The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:48 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Luthier and Ichiru moved out from the treeline, hopefully bringing Kariti in tow as well.

[Exit Deepwood Forest, Enter Bloodhounds]

161The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:53 am

CaraLangtorn

Kariti took a moment to say goodbye to her home, and silently prayed she would find Blake soon. He'd help her.

[Exit Deepwood Forest, Enter Bloodhounds]

162The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:19 am

Funglad123

Funglad123

"The port should be right through here." Said Blake to Chris.

[Exit: Deepwood Forest, Enter: Klaar: the port]

163The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:21 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Chris nodded, following.

[Exit woods, Enter port]

164The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:37 pm

RevinSOR

RevinSOR

Revin had wandered off considering he just couldn't follow anything that was going on.
-Exit The Highlands. Enter Klarr-

165The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:51 pm

energysack

energysack

Vetiis entered the deep dark forest now, looking around for Svulkaine. Though he did not really know what was going to happen when he gave him the head of an arch-angel but Vetiis didn't really care much. He had heard that his father and his best friend would have probably both agreed this was a bad idea, but put it into action for the humor.
So Vetiis paced a long, trying to keep track of where he was so he would not pass out again from the fumes of some part of the forest. He sighed and leaned against a tree, opened his father book and began scribbling in it as he waited.

166The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:19 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Svulkaine stumbled out toward Vetiis.

"Little Zephiel, I'm getting really hungry. Do you have the head?"

167The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:03 am

energysack

energysack

"Yeah, and here it is."

He merely threw the head, tightly wrapped in a cloth towards Svulkaine.

"You going to show me where my father used to hang out?"

168The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:10 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Svulkaine chuckled.

"You want to go to the ruins? We'll go to the ruins."

His eyes flooded with red, and his fangs grew out, helping him to take a massive chunk out of the head after unwrapping it quickly. He let the blood drip around his mouth from the neck, and cackled... More like gurgling from the blood in his throat.

169The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:25 am

energysack

energysack

Vetiis shook his head, and had a feeling that this was very normal from his dad's perspective.

"You're such a messy eater. I really wonder what my dad saw in you to be his friend."

170The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:03 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Svulkaine shrugged, lapping up the blood as the remainder of it drained out.

"Dunno exactly."

He chuckled.

"It's been a while."

171The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:28 am

energysack

energysack

"Hm, very well then. I suppose that's my father's business. Anyways, lead the way Svulkaine. I want to get this over with and want to find out about these visions I've been having..."

He rubbed his head and watched Svulkaine lap up the angelic blood and he shook his head, a bit disgusted.

"By the way, could I have the skull? I believe I remember my dad saying that he needed it or something."

172The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:04 pm

Lamia Icterictus

Lamia Icterictus

"Heart of hare...check," Lamia said absentmindedly, as she blinked at the furry, mangled corpse at her feet. She shook her hands, flinging excess blood onto the forest floor. The organ in question-so small!-was safely ensconced in a little glass jar, the jar itself at the bottom of her satchel. She once again questioned the usefulness of such a thing, the heart of such a completely powerless, miniscule little creature. The spellbook she had procured indicated that hares had extraordinary magical qualities, however, and that their body parts were quite frequently utilized in her craft.

"Should have replaced it with bloody wolf heart. This is not going to work. This is not going to work at all," she muttered pessimistically, shifting her satchel from one arm to another as she turned right, on instinct, wandering down a random, wayward path in the forest.

The exercise she was attempting was one of flesh-mending. Making Hollow Men, or corpse-puppets, as she was fond of calling them on occasion, was easy enough, but they died so quickly, at the hands of any skilled warrior. For stupid passerby who decided it was a good idea to try and come near her home, they worked splendidly, but for anyone else who was even remotely skilled combatically, they were nothing more but scarecrows. Scarecrows, she thought, with an angry sniff, that required a lot of laudanum. And laudanum was expensive, damn it.

What she was trying to do was rather than sew the soul of the deceased to its corpse (she would not allow even the vaguest possibility of free will or coherence with her guard dogs) she would use the magical properties of their shadows, instead. Doing so would allow bones to mend themselves, wounds to close back up instantaneously, blood to suck back into the skin. (blood that she herself would need to provide, of course, but she had gourds of it.) Naturally, messing with shadows was not advised with any sort of mage (Lamia had no reservations about anything, magically) but that's what all the hokey animal organs were for, organs with spiritual qualities that would counterract the shadow's chaotic attributes.
All that was left was...fish scales. Her instinct had led her to a water source, and as she knelt before its surface, she cringed, as always, at the sight of herself that reflected back up at her. Winter-white skin, a complexion as perfect as the surface of any pearl. A patrician's nose, a generous mouth the colour of blood in snow. Her hair hung at great length, smooth and black as a raven's wing. She recoiled from the sight of her own beauty, actually felt her stomach turn. She longed for the claws that had mutilated her fair hands, for the sharp teeth that had so distorted the china-doll's face that stared up at her. This fairness was not self-chosen, and she felt the familiar flare of hatred towards the one who had reconstructed her appearance.

Biting delicately into her lower lip, she dipped her hands into the water, watching the cloud of hare blood rise up around them with vague, morbid fascination. She would wait, she would seize the fish, and-

"Hm, very well then. I suppose that's my father's business. Anyways, lead the way Svulkaine. I want to get this over with and want to find out about these visions I've been having..."

Oh no. GODS no. She cringed like the rabbit she had slain and removed her hands from the water, blood running down her arms in faded red rivulets. She scooted backwards (quietly) and folded her arms around her knees, as if making herself smaller would somehow render her invisible. The voices were close. Very close. Too close.

Screw the fish scales. She could wait a day or find something to replace them. She had to get out of the forest, post-fucking-haste.

Securing her satchel, she leapt to her feet, and cringed again when the jars within clanged musically (loudly) against each other. Had he heard it? WOULD he hear it?

Please oh please oh please

173The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:13 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Svulkaine grinned, high on angelic blood currently, and he felt something hazy near him.

"Just the vessel I needed..."

The pots clanged, and he turned around.

"Stand and approach me, Deathmage-chan..." He grinned, wildly. Sometimes, at his most insane, he'd sample accents from around the world, and currently, Doser seemed to be his weapon of choice.

174The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:12 pm

Lamia Icterictus

Lamia Icterictus

DAMN it.
With a pretty smile worthy of any wealthy socialite, Lamia rose to her feet, the motion as fluid and graceful as water over stones. Of course, she could no more ignore his command than train a swine to tap-dance (no matter how desperately she wished to raise her middle finger) so rather than approach with the onorous (and ultimately, threatless) air of stormclouds over a meadow, she very quickly and very efficiently strolled through the trees to where her....master....was standing with some fellow she did not recognize, and promptly backhanded him in the side of the face with enough force to crack the jawbone.

Naturally, she did nothing of the sort (though she direly wished to.) Instead, she gathered the excess cloth of her skirt in her bloody hands (streaking the grey material red.) and dipped into an elegant curtsy. Her body bent into a graceful arch as she did so, and she bent her head low to the ground in a gesture of utmost reverence. Her hair spilled over her shoulders, veiling the twitch of rage that threatened to crack her mask of cheerful obedience.
She straightened and raised her head, the two motions nearly seamless.

"I do find this encounter fortuitous, Svulkaine-sama," she said, mimicking him surreptitiously. "Ever your humble servant, I am most glad to appear before you, this fine afternoon. I do live to serve!"
Her smile was radiant, her voice smooth and mellifluous. This was clearly a display of power. He would have liked her to sulk, to growl, to be defiant, she imagined, and she would offer him no oppurtunity to do so. He wanted to show off his slave? She would be the IMAGE of obedience.

175The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Highlands: Deepwood Forest. Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:39 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Svulkaine grinned, stepped over to her, and put a hand to her jaw. He pulled on it gently.

"Stick your tongue out, Lamia."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum